Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 13/14 Report


Hello Colleagues!

This week I worked on and posted my brochure. I have been working on it for some weeks already; still, it is amazing how much time one has to dedicate to find out the right words and express in few pages what a business can do. My goal was to develop a brochure that would stand out from the rest I have seen related to my field of work (translation).

When searching for images to include in the brochure, I found quite a few that I liked; however, quite a few of them have been used already, such as groups of flags (these are mostly pictures from the front of the UN building). Also, I realized that most of those pictures did not show all the flags of the countries which languages I work on. I did find something that had the shapes of people around a globe, and the shapes were filled with flags (once again, not the flags I needed). That is what inspired me to work on my visuals. Hopefully, I will achieve what I am visualizing.

I would like to thank once again my peer students who review my work; definitely, they brought up excellent suggestions that will help me improve both the textual and visual content. Although I am not planning to use the brochure right away, it is great to have the opportunity to receive feedback from people who look at the brochure from a more objective perspective other than friends and acquaintances.

It was also interesting to see the many projects everyone is working on, and appreciate how those projects evolved since we started the class. Really amazing! I am eager to see the final iterations and presentations.

Well, that's all for this week!

Liliana
Picture by Anthony Criego (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment