Sunday, February 7, 2010

Project Report - Week 4

Hello all!

I finally posted my project proposal for creating marketing materials with Adobe InDesign. I will learn to use this software with tutorials on Lynda.com. The marketing materials I will create are for my translation services business that I have just set up (although I have been working as a translator for some years already). Putting my ideas in writing on the proposal helped me clarify how to better target the materials to specific audiences. I am hoping the instructor approves my proposal and make any necessary suggestions.

On another note, I have started to go through some tutorials of David Blatner (not sure if I'm spelling the name correctly), and I find them easy to follow. InDesign is totally new to me, so I had to start from the very beginning. It has been time-consuming because unfortunately I do not have a super-fast connection (there's not much to choose from out here in Apache Junction). I am planning on staying some extra time at work some days of the week in order to go through some more. I like the opportunity to practice using the exercise files. I am a little bit concerned that I do not own the program; however, I can work that out by going to the Poly campus on Saturdays.

My goal for this week is to go through some more of those tutorials, and start working on the designs. I have some ideas already, and I usually carry a little notebook in my purse to jot down anything that comes to mind and may be useful for the project. This could be ideas for text or visuals that come up unexpectedly.

Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment