Monday, February 15, 2010

Project Report Week #5

Hello all!

Well, I am glad that I was able to purchase the program because it will be easier to focus on the project (as opposed to last semester, when I depended on free trials and availability of computers on campus). It took a little bit to install it but it comes with other programs as well; I am looking forward to learn as much as possible about those programs, though for the time being the focus is on InDesign.

I had quite a few problems when accessing some of the Lynda.com files; they would take a while to upload, and that was somehow frustrating. The good thing is that the program came with training modules, so I will be able to use those as well in case the Internet connection fails.

My goal for this week is to learn how to create a background that I could use for most of my documents. I am planning on creating a canvass with different letters or words, sort of overlapping in different directions. I will play with the transparency to adapt it for different purposes. I am quite certain it will not be an easy task, but it is doable (aiming high, like the tree in the picture), and I know I can ask for help from some of my experienced fellow students.

Have a good week with your projects!

Picture: Blueridge Reservoir, AZ - Anthony Criego (C)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lili,

    I am sorry you are having trouble accessing some of the Lynda.com files. I have had smooth sailing with that for the most part. However, every once and awhile, the video fails to work. It usually happens after I have been viewing others. This is bizarre! Good luck with this site. It is nice that you have additional tutorials but I just love the video course!

    Best,
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete